Max’s grilled chicken. (Max Walker’22/Staff)
With school sports in full swing, our athletes require the best postgame or practice dinner to recharge for the following school day.
Some students’ games are late and don’t allow them the time to prepare a nutritious dinner. A chicken recipe usually does the trick when the need to prepare a quick protein-packed meal arises.
This recipe of the week has these busy student athletes in mind. It’s a rosemary grilled chicken breast that’s nutritious, delicious, and easy to prepare. The overall cooking time, including prep, is only about 20 minutes maximum. The final product is flavorful, and tender. The marinade perfectly compliments the grilled chicken. Overall this is one of my personal favorite chicken recipes.
It includes 232 calories, 11.6 g total fat, 66 mg cholesterol, 276 mg sodium, 3.6 g carbohydrates, and a solid 26.7 g protein.
8 cloves minced garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons rosemary
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
¼ teaspoons black pepper
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
4 bonelss chicken breasts
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Whisk garlic, rosemary, mustard, salt, lemon juice, olive oil, black pepper in a bowl.
- Put chicken in plastic bag, and pour the marinade into the bag- reserving ⅛ cup- then seal bag and let the marinade run over the chicken.
- Grill chicken about 4 minutes, then flip and baste with reserved marinade. Do this until cooked through (about 5 minutes).
- Place chicken in aluminum foil for 2 minutes before serving to maximize the flavor and moistness of the chicken.